SDM Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Humanities and Social Sciences (CIRHS), located on the SDM PG College, Ujire campus of Shree Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Educational Society (SDMES), functions as an institution that organises and facilitates research in the Social Sciences and Humanities. CIRHS aims at generating and supporting a world-class research culture within the SDM family of institutions. In order to reach this goal CIRHS takes up the following activities:
- Organising conferences, workshops and seminars within and outside the SDM family of institutions
- Exploring collaborations with other Indian and International educational institutions
- Supporting research internships for students (both Indian and International) whose research is allied to the research interests of CIRHS
- Conducting short and long-term courses for research training for faculty and students
[An executive summary of CIRHS activities 2016-17 (as on 16 Feb 2017)]
Faculty at CIRHS
Dr. Sufiya Pathan and Dr. Dunkin Jalki
They have over fifteen years of experience in research and teaching, in India and Europe. They have published in national and international journals and their co-edited book, Western Foundations of the Caste System, is due in early-2017.
They have been part of multiple national and international projects over the years. Importantly, they were part of the European Union funded project that built Centre for the Study of Local Cultures.
Ms. Anne Cardinael
An educationist and a music lover. She has worked as a teacher-trainer in Belgium and has been part of many international projects and research teams.
We also have a Facebook page, for quick updates and your comments!
CIRHS, Room No. 23, SDM PG College, Ujire – 574240, Karnataka (India)
email: email@example.com; Phone: (00 91) 97427 80020
- Dr. Sufiya Pathan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Dunkin Jalki: email@example.com
This is where our office is located (SDM PG College) Google location
(c) About photos used here:
All photos used in the posts on cirhs.wordpress.com, unless otherwise specified, are taken by CIRHS members.